CPP has a strong history of success in designing and integrating enterprise SAN solutions using technologies that improve datacenter operations. Our experts bring years of experience with Fortune 500 clients, a deep understanding of industry-recognized best practices and proven technologies, as well as innovative and cutting-edge storage and SAN design and implementation expertise.
Click the tabs below to learn about our SAN services:
- SAN Workshop
The SAN Workshop is a one-day session designed to help your organization understand the most cost-effective solutions to connect, manage, and protect your critical business data. SAN design is complex, but by using a common sense approach and keeping the solution simple, CPP Associates help businesses design cost-effective and manageable SANs that meet business, operational, and financial objectives.
Leveraging industry-proven best practices, our experts work closely with your IT staff to understand your SAN and storage environment, growth forecasts, and business, operational, and financial concerns to help define the best approach for tackling current SAN challenges.
Prior to the SAN Workshop, we will define specific objectives for the workshop and customize it to your specific business requirements. As part of the workshop, our experts will:
- Provide tools or worksheets to assist us in collecting data about your environment.
- Conduct the workshop on-site with your IT staff, discussing specifics about your environment, industry trends, and common practices we have observed in other environments.
Potential workshop topics include:
- SAN best practices.
- SAN Architecture and Design.
- Industry Trends in virtual tape, virtualization, blade systems, software technologies, and their impact on SAN.
- Maximizing the use of existing resources.
- Leveraging new technologies to reduce operational costs.
- Managing growth and controlling administrative effort.
- SAN Design
Our SAN Design services are designed to provide an end-to-end evaluation of your SAN requirements, enabling us to design an effective Storage Area Network that meets your specific requirements.
During the engagement, our experts will:
- Interview IT staff, discussing specifics about your environment, business initiatives, and current operational processes.
- Work with your IT staff and key decision makers to align business objectives with storage management challenges–identifying objectives based on business, operational, and financial requirements.
- Conduct an on-site data collection session, bringing in our highly-customized and non-disruptive tools to quickly and efficiently gather the key data from your current SAN configuration.
- Analyze the information by leveraging our customized suite of tools and industry-recognized best practices for defining current SAN requirements and predicting future needs.
- Provide a SAN design and recommend an optimum configuration that includes software, hardware, and services for a best-in-class solution.
- SAN Implementation
CPP’s SAN Implementation services are customized engagements for organizations that want to install, integrate, test, and implement a SAN solution.
Our services include the following activities:
- A technical project manager will provide the project planning and integration expertise to coordinate different project resources, including vendors.
- A SAN expert will provide architectural oversight to ensure the solution meets business, operational, and technical objectives, and provide guidance throughout the project to the implementation team.
- The implementation team will help integrate the SAN solution into the environment and perform general knowledge transfer about the implementation to the IT staff.
- Our technical project manager and SAN expert will help create a comprehensive test plan that verifies the functionality of the backup and recovery solution.