Backup and Recovery Services
Click the tabs below to learn about our Backup and Recovery services:
Backup and Recovery Workshop
The Backup and Recovery Workshop is a one-day session designed to help your organization understand the most cost-effective solutions to backup and manage your critical business data.
Leveraging industry-proven best practices, our experts work closely with your IT staff to understand your backup environment, data growth forecasts, and business, operational, and financial concerns to help define the best approach for tackling backup and recovery challenges.
Prior to the workshop, we will define specific objectives and customize them to meet your specific business requirements. As part of the workshop, our experts will:
- Provide tools or worksheets to assist us in collecting data about your environment.
- Conduct the workshop on-site with your IT staff, discussing specifics about your environment, industry trends, and common practices we have observed in other environments.
Potential workshop topics include:
- Backup and recovery best practices.
- Industry trends in disk, tape, and software technologies.
- Maximizing the use of existing resources.
- Leveraging new technologies to reduce operational costs.
- Managing tape handling exposures.
- Managing growth and controlling administrative effort.
Backup and Recovery Design
CPP’s Backup and Recovery Design services are intended to provide an end-to-end evaluation of backup and recovery requirements, enabling us to design an effective backup and recovery solution that meets your specific requirements.
Working with your IT staff, we will define specific objectives for the engagement and customize them to your specific business requirements. During the engagement, our experts will:
- Interview IT staff, discussing specifics about your environment, business initiatives, and current operational processes for backup and recovery.
- Work with your IT staff and key decision makers to align business objectives to storage management challenges — identifying backup and recovery objectives based on business, operational, and financial requirements.
- Conduct an on-site data collection session, bringing in our highly-customized and non-disruptive tools to quickly and efficiently gather the key data from your current backup configuration and system log files.
- Work with your IT staff to identify the critical dependencies between systems, data flow, and backup windows to identify data consistency groups for critical business applications.
- Analyze the information by leveraging our customized suite of tools and industry-recognized best practices for defining current backup requirements and predicting future needs.
- Design a backup and recovery solution, and recommend an optimum configuration that includes software, hardware, and services for a best-in-class solution.
Backup and Recovery Implementation
Backup and Recovery Implementation services are customized engagements for organizations that want to install, integrate, test, and implement backup and recovery solutions for Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) and Symantec NetBackup environments.
Our experts provide comprehensive project management, ensuring that best practices are followed, data recovery is thoroughly tested, the backup environment is well documented, and IT staff is prepared to assume responsibility for the project.
This service includes the following activities:
- A technical project manager will provide the project planning and integration expertise to coordinate different project resources, including vendors.
- A backup and recovery expert will provide architectural oversight to ensure the solution meets business, operational, and technical objectives, and provide guidance throughout the project to the implementation team.
- The implementation team will help integrate the backup and recovery solution into the environment and perform general knowledge transfer about the implementation to the IT staff.
- Our technical project manager and backup and recovery expert will help create a comprehensive test plan that verifies the functionality of the backup and recovery solution.